Saturday, July 29, 2006

You can check-out anytime you like, But you can never leave

I was bored today so I started looking up song meanings. I thought an interesting one would be "Hotel California" by The Eagles. Boy did I pick one! I have never heard so many off the wall meaning in my life. So people actually believe it is about a satanic church. Personally I always thought it was about what every classic rock song is about...Drugs. When in reality it is about the whole culture of the rock industry in the late 60's early 70's. Just listen to the last line of he song, 'you can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave.' Think about it, you take drugs to escape reality...but you can't actually leave it you will eventually come back to it.
Some different places said that the place where they shot the pictures for the album cover was haunted; other said that the hotel is the Church of Satan and the guy that started the church is seen in the window. Pretty much someone out there has a pretty active imagination.
I found this on one site and it made me laugh...


>I always thought it was about drugs. But that's the beauty of art; it can be whatever you want it to be.

>Pink ponies flowing in chocolate milk to the sound of Jimi Hendrix while CIA agents dance in too-toos around a tye-dye colored bonfire which produces a magical genie that gives you moon pies no matter what you ask for. That’s what the song means to me ... I just saw an opportunity to write some weird stuff and I took it :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home